What are the characteristics of a successful Strategic Planning process?
A successful planning process should:
- Involve key and diverse stakeholders in the organization
- Develop ownership of the future vision and the action plan, and a sense of community among stakeholders
- Produce results that support the organization’s expected “drivers” of change
- Develop the strategic thinking of the participants in the process
- Lead to an institutionalized strategic planning process in the organization